1. You think you own them but they actually own you.
3. They require daily walkies.
4. You have to spell out the word "p a r k" because if they heard it, they'd be stood by the front door wagging their tails.
5. People talk to you in public if you're with one, but only about them.
6. They are impervious to rain.
7. They chase birds and never understand why they don't want to play.
8. They get muddy paw prints all over your car and carpets.
9. They have a food radar and miraculously appear at your feet begging for scraps whenever you eat.
10. They wee on your sofa and chew important documents but you still love them more than your spouse.